Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Living Downtown

We requested housing near the American school, but lucky for me, they gave us what they had, which is a gorgeous apartment right downtown. I can walk to the Consulate, the Old City, and the traditional market. J rides his new e-bike to work, and the kids have a bus service. We live on the top floor with a huge balcony and lots of windows. It is the best kitchen I've ever had, and due to some significant purging this move, we actually aren't cramped for space. We even have a guest room. I'm happy with the routines I've set up for myself and the kids, and I've found after four years of having a housekeeper, I don't mind the housework so far.

Our kitchen:

A walking street near our house:

And yes, those blue skies are the real deal. A huge boon after Shanghai.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I love it! Hopefully I remember to check back here and follow your families adventures! ~Amy

    ReplyDelete

Summer Adventures Pt. 2: Utah

We have loved stopping in Utah every summer for the past many years to catch up with family, friends and to enjoy the outdoors. Elodie ...